Sunday, March 28, 2010

Adventures with Photoshop

So, following my previous post regarding how I've realised that a fair old amount of game book art is photoshopped, I've been experimenting further.
It's kinda fun.
I've found myself taking photo's on my phone for the express purpose of running them through some PS filters. That's why I have loads of photo's of kitchen knives.
It is.
Really.

Anyways, here's some examples of what I've been doing.

I took this picture on the way back from a mate's house


Ran it through a 'Cut out' filter


Ran it through a 'Sumi-e' filter after 'Solarizing' it


And finally ran it through a 'Graphic Pen' filter.


I think i'm happiest with the Sumi-e filter.
Now I have to learn how to insert objects into a picture.

1 comment:

  1. It helps that you've an eye for what makes a good photo. Great stuff. With regards to inserting stuff - if you plan to run filters later anyway - I find rough cutting things with a plain background and then using the various overlay settings to roughly blend them in works well. Once you add filters over the top, they tend to look good - if you're going for stylised. I suck and creating convincing "real-looking" photos because I fail with things like lighting, shadow and perspective. I realise you wrote this over a year ago and have probably moved on since... :p

    ReplyDelete