Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Everything you've built and care about sucks / A sense of community within RPG Bloggers



I was extremely disappointed this morning to learn that Christian has jacked in his Destination Unknown blog following a rather personal attack levelled at him by a troll site.

It's a shame. I'm a fairly new Blogger, and it's blogs like DU and community members like Christian who encourage newbies like me.

I always found his posts interesting, well thought out and entertaining.

He gave back to the community with free zines and character stats, and, dammit, a hell of a lot of my site traffic originated from his blog.

I guess I should be angry at the mouth breather who attacked him. Instead I'm just disappointed.

Posted via my geek phone

5 comments:

  1. So a really cool and original voice is silenced because of some dumb troll? _Very_ disappointed and sorry this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm disappointed as well. I always liked reading Chrisitan's posts. He was always thoughtful and genuine. Hopefully he'll cool off and come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a few folks have posted messages on support for him on their blogs. I really hope he sees them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian is truly a nice guy, and it bugs me that while he packed in his stuff, that other git will probably repeat this stunt again in not too long. While C is an example of what makes this part of the blogosphere a nice place, that other one is an equally good example of the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I really hope Christian is feeling the love.
    I'm glad he came back. My Google Reader was empty without him

    ReplyDelete